Thursday, December 5, 2013

Revealing Something New

Hello everyone. 

If you're a regular reader of my blog, you've probably noticed that things look a little different around here. Welcome to the brand new Skyline Paperie blog! This big reveal has been months in the making. I'm not the best secret keeper when it comes to exciting surprises so keeping this under wraps has been tough!! But today is launch day, and I finally get to share what's been on my heart!

A few months ago, I decided I wanted to a chase a bucket list dream of mine and open my own stationary and paper crafting store. I've had an Etsy shop for awhile now, but I had visions of something more. As all of you know, I love me some stickers and scissors ... but I also love beautifully illustrated greeting cards, letterpress stationary and confetti. (Who doesn't love confetti?!) I wanted to create a shop that combined all of these things. A shop where clients could expect gorgeous, quality paper products, pretty packaging and outstanding customer service. Everyone has a story worth telling, and I wanted to help people share theirs.

For months I searched high and low, looking for the best of the best in the industry. I compiled a list of brands and designers who I felt offered unique items not readily available in other stores. I registered my business and filled out pages of boring paper work. And, of course, I hired the amazing Theresa Bluhm of Always In Bluhm to revamp my blog and website. Theresa is such a joy to work with, and I could not have asked for a better designer! She took my hodgepodge vision ("a little glitter, a whole lotta pink ...") and turned it into a reality. I could not have done this without her, truly. I also could not have done this without my amazing husband, Alan, who supported me 100% from day one. That man is such a keeper!

And so, after months of hard work, sweat, excitement and one minor meltdown (quickly cured with a pint of hazelnut ice-cream) a whole new Skyline Paperie was born. The shop will open on December 15th and we're beyond excited to get our first set of orders out in the mail. You can sign up for the newsletter here for a reminder email on the big day.

If you're wondering what all this means in terms of the blog and its content, I assure you that I have no intention of turning this space into an "oh my gosh, you have to buy this! oh my gosh, you have to buy that!" marketing hub. I'll post shop updates occasionally, but I enjoy having this little corner of the world wide web to post photos of my work and I plan to continue doing that. My design team work at Sketch N Scrap, The Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog, The Studio Challenges and My Stamp Box will carry on, as per usual.

I'm so thankful for all the kind words of support and encouragement I've received so far, and so blessed to be embarking on this journey! I hope you'll become part of the Skyline community and follow along as we grow and improve. 2014 is certainly gearing up to be one fantastic adventure!

12 comments :

  1. What exciting news - congratulations! I'm all signed up for the newsletter. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on realizing your dream, I wish you lots of luck and I will be here to see what you will have to offer us...I am sure it is going to be amazing, congrats again
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! What an exciting adventure!! I just signed up for the newsletter and can't wait to see all the goodies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and best of luck in your future endeavors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so clever and brave. Good wishes for your new venture. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...such exciting news. Congrats and I am sure you will do a fantastic job in your new endeavors. May God bless you richly.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. the blog looks amazing and what wonderful news! It always delights me to hear about someone who is pursuing their dream - good for you and I agree with the others that I'm sure you will be beyond successful! Signing up for your newsletter right away :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi stephanie! aww congratulations on the relaunch of the blog and the new shop! looking forward to checking it out. ^__^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo