Friday, December 6, 2013

A Holiday Manifesto

As I mentioned earlier this week, I'm taking Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas class. The first prompt she sent out was to create a Christmas manifesto. Since I'm planning to make one large album that will (eventually) contain layouts from several Christmases I wanted to write a manifesto that was simple and could easily be carried over from year to year.

This week, I took some time to really think about what I wanted Christmas to be like in our home. What is most important to me during this busy holiday season? What do I want my future children to remember most? Here's the manifesto I came up with ...


This year, and every year ...
We will embrace the season as a celebration of gladness, not a glorification of "getting"
We will take time to reflect on the wonder of God's great gift to us
We will open our hearts and our home to those around us 
We will seek beauty and joy in the little things 


●▬▬▬▬▬★ ● PS - did you miss my big announcement last week? Read it HERE ● ★▬▬▬▬▬●

3 comments :

  1. Hi - Great first page with your manifesto! thanks for stopping by to visit my blog! Enjoy JYC Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page - fab concept.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo