Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A Challenge: Gingerbread House Inspiration

One of my favorite things to do in December is to build (and eat!) a gingerbread house. Not only are these edible houses totally fun to put together but, once assembled, they make for beautiful, whimsical decor. Until you come home to discover that your gingerbread house has been devoured by your hungry husband. But I digress.

Today, I want to challenge you to use gingerbread houses as inspiration. You can make any crafty project you want, and it doesn't have to have a holiday theme, but you must use the following -

  • Brown or kraft cardstock as your base
  • White "icing" of some sort - glitter, Stickles, lace, doilies, mist, paint, etc
  • Candy - lots of colorful embellishments

Here is the layout I made ...


Doesn't it look good enough to eat?! :) 


I came up with this challenge for the daily December challenges over on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog so if you decide to play along be sure to link up your project on the Counterfeit Kit Mr. Linky list.

        ●▬▬▬▬▬★ ● PS - did you miss my big announcement last week? Read it HERE ● ★▬▬▬▬▬●


21 comments :

  1. This is adorable, love how you have used the inspiration! I love making Gingerbread houses too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout actually looks edible - love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those marshmellows look so pretty and Yummy. your page is very cheerful too. TFS
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hum looks yummy ! And beautiful page with these happy colors !

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a scrum my (in more ways than one!) layout Stephanie! Love love love it. You never know, I might find time to join in on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great page! Love it to bits :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are SO inspiring! This is totally creative & adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever layout. It looks marvellous. If you upload it to my challenge blog,you might win. http://archiscraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Julene, I'll be sure to add it to the list! :)

      Delete
    2. Looks fabulous and thanks for joining us at Archiscraps ;)

      Delete
  9. This layout is so fun! I just love your title letters. Those melting snowman cookies are hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy looking cookies. Such a fun layout. Thanks for joining in at Archi-scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous layout! Love the cute little snowman, all the fun brads and "dots" around the photo and super cool page title letters! What a fun photo too... so cute! Thanks for joining us at Archi-scraps!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha, I love those melting snowman cookies! You have such a great blog here, I'm now following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Stephanie oh wow your layout is just the sweetest :) I'm loving your snowmen they look delicious :)

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stephanie, SO SO CUTE! Adorable! Did you make those cute melted snowmen? Awesome! I love how all the little bits surround the photo - wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love your cookies...now they are so sweet!! And a splendid LO with all your coloured dots on the Kraft...I love this one! Thank you for playing along at Archi-scraps with us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what a super cute and right tasty layout :) Totally adorable. So glad you played along with us on Archi-scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute is this LO,thanks for joining us at Archi-scraps

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo