Sunday, November 10, 2013

Tic Tac Toe With The Studio Challenges

The first challenge of the month over on The Studio Challenges blog is an old fashioned game of Tic Tac Toe! Now believe it or not, I was once the queen of tic tac toe. Back in my high school days I was unbeatable. True story. My skills have worn off a little over the years, but I was excited to try my hand at a scrappy version of the game.


When I first saw the grid, my heart went "sequins! sequins! I want a line that includes sequins!" However, since I'm on a quest to use up my stash, I decided to branch out and use some buttons instead. I ended up using a diagonal line: glitter, buttons and gold. Here is the layout I made - 


I pulled out my London Fog counterfeit kit (see here) and got right to work. I knew I wanted to use this photo of my husband, so the biggest challenge I faced as I was putting this page together was how to fit glitter and gold onto a masculine layout. I decided "subtle" was the key here. My page has just a hint of gold, and I went with blue and charcoal as my glitter colors. I'm really happy with how the page turned out!

If you want to play along with this tic tac toe challenge, you can upload your layouts over on The Studio Challenge Blog here

Also, friendly reminder - there's still time to enter my Sketch N Scrap holiday hop giveaway. All you have to do is be a follower of my blog & leave a comment on this post telling me how you commemorate Remembrance Day/Veterans' Day. 

5 comments :

  1. great layout, I love the colours you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those glitter alphas (a gotta-have!).
    You two take the best photos of each other/yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you! I am blessed to have a have a hubby who enjoys photography as much as I do!

      Delete
  3. Lovely, simple design. You did a great job on this example for the TSC challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo