Wednesday, November 20, 2013

sometimes, a girl just needs to breathe.

Remember what I said earlier this month about how November is my "quiet before the storm"? Yeah, well, scratch that. This year, November has been anything but quiet. I have several projects on the go, including one BIG one (more on that later this week) and I've been frantically trying to get everything in order. It's incredibly rewarding to be doing something you feel passionate about, but it's also incredibly exhausting. I'm learning that, in order to enjoy the journey, you need to take time to breathe. So, today, I find myself sitting in a coffee shop, sipping a white toffee latte (the best!) and perusing blogs I haven't had a chance to visit in awhile.

Yesterday, I finally got the chance to put some finishing touches on a layout I've been meaning to complete for awhile. If you read my blog regularly, then you may have noticed that my handsome husband is often the focus of my layouts. Every now and then I'll scrap a photo of the two of us, but rarely do I work with self-portraits. So, I challenged myself to do a layout that was very "me" and this is what I ended up creating ...

The quote is from fashion designer Diane Von Furstenberg and I think it sums up my life perfectly. I'm a girl with lots of passions and I've often struggled with deciding which ones to pursue professionally and personally. My career goals and bucket list dreams change faster than you can say "what are your plans?" ... But, despite that, I've always known exactly who I want to be and what kind of life I want to live. And at the end of the day, I think that's more important. 


This layout features all my favorites - my favorite colors (pink, gray, minty green, purple), my favorite scrappy products (enamel dots, spray mists, alpha stickers), my favorite manufacturers (Crate Paper, Glitz Designs, American Crafts) and one of my favorite quotes. Yup, I'd say this page is "me"!


Do you have a quote that sums up your life? If so, I'd love to hear it - please leave a comment below & share! :)

1 comment :

  1. What an awesome layout! I love the title work and your lovely choices of products. What a lovely photo too! Beautiful job Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo