Friday, November 15, 2013

One Last (Neon) Hurrah!

Hello everyone & happy Saturday!

This week I had my first gingerbread latte of the season and when the seasonal drinks are released at Starbucks you know it's officially time to start decking the halls! I'm sure many of you are busy putting the finishing touches on your homemade Christmas cards and gathering supplies for your December Daily projects ... but if you're looking for wintery inspiration today you might be a little disappointed with the card I have to show you.

Before I jump into Christmas cards and holiday crafts, I wanted to make one last bright, vibrant, summery card with my new neon glitters from Recollections (sold at Michaels). I'm putting together a step-by-step YouTube video on how this card came to be, so if you like the design and want to make one yourself be sure to subscribe to my channel so you don't miss that video when it goes live later this weekend.





The Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog's 3rd challenge of the month was to use "little bits" like brads and buttons to liven up a card. Now, nothing says "little bits" like sequins ... and sequins just scream "birthday!!!" ... so I went ahead and made a birthday card, throwing in some neon and glitter for a little extra pazazz.





So now I'm curious ... what are your favorite "little bits" to include on a project? Sequins? Buttons? Confetti? Eyelets?

Let me know in the comments below!! xxo

8 comments :

  1. ooo...aaa...Somebody on the DT mentioned neon awhile back
    This is really wonderful! Will look for the video - thx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops! never mind - a different group (red face)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background of the card looks super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This really rocks NEON. It is one of those things I'm frightened to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello your card of today is so cheerful!!, love all those colors; thanks for sharing
    hugs bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this really pops! I love the ombré effect and how it turned out. Thanks for popping over to my through the glass tag and leaving a comment. Ugh it's cold and snow here so this makes me miss summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastically zinging page with that neon glitter. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the background on here! I am just now discovering the fabulousness (is that a word?) of sequins!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo