Friday, November 1, 2013

November Counterfeit Kit - London Fog

Hello everyone, and happy November!

November is one of my favorite months. I call it the "calm before the storm" ...  as much as I love December and the whole Christmas season, the hussle and bussle of the holidays can be exhausting. Since we Canadians celebrate our Thanksgiving holiday in October, the month of November is usually a fairly quiet. For me, November is all about warm beverages and curling up with good books and weekend getaways to cozy B&B's in the middle of the woods.

This month, the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog is counterfeiting the fantastic October kits by Jenni Bowlin. If you've been following the reveal blog hop, my blog is the final stop on the hop and you should have arrived here after visiting Millisa. If you haven't done the full hop yet, you can kick things off over on Vikki's blog.

There were numerous kits to choose from, but the one that immediately caught my eye was this add-on ...


I had that leaf paper by Basic Grey and also had the blue sparkly Thickers by Maggie Holmes. I used those two items as a starting point and built the rest of my kit around that. Instead of oranges and reds seen in the original kit above, I decided to make my counterfeit version a little more "November friendly" and went with lots of blues and greys. I named my kit "London Fog" after one of my favorite warm beverages. (If you haven't tried a London Fog yet, you've gotta)

Here's a peek of what I came up with .... 

You can view the full kit in my video below. 


My goal for this month is to kill this kit - and I mean that in the nicest possible way, of course. :) I find I make a layout or two using my kit and then get distracted with newer goodies and my kits end up collecting dust. I'm going to be ambitious this month and aim for 5 layouts. Who's with me?! 

16 comments :

  1. I killed my October kit during October itself which is the first time for many a month. It feels good doesn't it? I am aiming to do the same again although my goal is always at least 6 layouts from any kit (I got 12 from October!!!) Nice kit and the mix of blues and grey is really appealing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see an interpretation of one of the alternate kits. Diggin' your graphical pp. And your video presentation is a great way to end the blog hop. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 layouts? with that awesome kit that should be easy.
    Have fun.
    I've never heard of a London Fog drink, but very familiar with actual real "London Fog"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great kit, love the name and the video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful name to a very beautiful kit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful interpretation. I usually have success killing my kits during the month, but the past three months have caught me off guard for one reason or another. I too am hoping to kill my November kit. We can cheer each other on! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so agree with your thoughts on November. We still have our Thanksgiving in November, but it is definitely the calm before the glorious storm! Love your little video. So peaceful and pretty! KILL THAT KIT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great kit love all the combinations of colors TFS
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some really amazing papers this month - I am chanting along with Lynnette - KILL THAT KIT! :~D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really wanted to do this one and didn't have one single thing to even attmpt it! Am so glad you picked this one and your interpretation is soooooooo classy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the video!! Way COOL! specially love your leaf paper and the little birdie one! Fabulous name for your kit too!
    Yep with you... need to kill the kit at the end of the month for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love watching your videos and anything could happen with that pretty lot of items. Those blue confetti will be fun to use up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Go you with your ambition to get 5 LO's done with this kit. It's a beautiful kit and should be easy to work with!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome kit! Good luck with your goal I always shoot for 4 or 5 LOs a kit hopefully we'll both make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh man! Your kit is to die for, I just love it! The colours and patterns are 'so me' and I'm thinking that, once I've finished my mini-kit, I might pop back and steal ideas from yours x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo