Monday, October 21, 2013

J+M - A Layout Based on a Stuck?! Sketch

Hey everyone! Popping in today with a layout I made using a sketch from Stuck?! Sketches as inspiration. As soon as I saw this sketch I was inspired by the cluster of papers and I knew I wanted to use it to create a page. To accommodate my horizontal photo, I flipped the sketch sideways: 


Here is the layout I made ...


This page is about me & one of my dearest friends. She is more than a friend, she's truly like a sister, and I wanted that to be reflected on the layout. The title is J+M, You+Me ... the "J" and the "M" are not our initials, but represent the Chinese words for big sister and little sister: jiejie and meimei.


Sorry these photos are so dark, we've had really cloudy weather here lately. :( 

There's still time to play along with Stuck?! Sketches so be sure to upload your layouts if you haven't already! You can find all the details here

9 comments :

  1. Gorgeous page, love the sequins and personal touches! Thanks for linking up with us at Stuck?! Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page. That blue skies background is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO lovely! Great job with the sketch and you are lucky to have such a friend (they are hard to come by!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an inspiring sketch and I love your interpretation. And what a great theme you have chosen, just a friendship is a bless ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sketch, I love your take on it. The little embellishment clusters are lovely and I like the faux stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your turned version on the sketch, gives it a whole new look. A beautifully created page. Thank you for sharing it with us over at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the translucent sequins - great page and what a good idea to grab a foreign language to add style to a title.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Page - I love that sky background paper! Thanks for joining us at Stuck? this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo