Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Grid Layouts - A Counterfeit Kit Challenge ...

This month over on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog, I was assigned to participate in challenge #3: create a layout using a grid design. Now, as someone who loves to cluster her embellishments and photos together, this was certainly a challenge!

This is the page I came up with using my October "Love You A Latte" counterfeit kit ....

This layout is about a little coffee shop (more like a coffee shack, really) that my husband and I discovered by the side of the highway in Washington state. Believe it or not, they have the BEST lattes I've ever tasted. It's become a highlight on every road trip we take! 

I have to confess that I love this layout! I discovered that grid designs are the perfect way to use up scrap pieces of paper (4 of the 5 papers used on this layout were scraps). They're also a great way to incorporate 4x3 size cards onto layouts for those of us who don't do Project Life. And, for those of us who just can't commit to a completely linear page, you can always add a little cluster here and there like I did. (That's not cheating, right?) 

Here are a few close-ups of the page ...

I hope you'll give our grid challenge a try! If you do, be sure to link up your creations over on the Counterfeit Kit Mr. Linky list. I'd love to see what you come up with! 

9 comments :

  1. Stephanie I love what you created! The coffee stained background is just awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous layout. I can almost smell the coffee! Love all your elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic!!! What a beautifully composed layout and with such lovely little details! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love how you got the lovely informal feel with this grid design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful layout, love the design and the sequins !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome grid layout, the background paper just highlights the whole feeling you get from the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little clusters add so much to the page! Especially like the little heart sequin *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little coffee shop - love those gem clusters :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the added embellies - super page!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo