Sunday, October 13, 2013

Creating Monochromatic Layouts With The Studio Challenges

As I mentioned last month, I'm a new design team member over at The Studio Challenges blog and I couldn't be more excited! Every other Sunday, the team whips up a new scrappy challenge and you never know what it's going to be ... sometimes a sketch, sometimes a color challenge, sometimes a theme or journaling prompt. It's like a treasure chest of inspiration!

The first challenge for the month of October was to create a monochromatic layout. My go-to colors for scrapping .. pink and teal .. had already been taken, so I had to rethink my game plan. I decided to go with brown because I knew I had quite a bit of woodgrain and cork in my stash.

Earth tones like brown are perfect for autumn ... and nothing says autumn quite like a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks! Here's the page I made ~

I paired a sheet of woodgrain paper by Maggie Holmes with a polka dot paper from Amy Tangerine's new Cut & Paste collection. 

If you'd like to create a monochromatic layout of your own using the color of your choice, you have until October 31st to add your pages to the Mr. Linky over on The Studio Challenges blog.

The prize this month is AMAZING and I'm super jealous that I don't get a chance to win. One lucky winner is going to get a set of stamps (size A6) of their own design! See here for more details.

4 comments :

  1. Pumpkin spice! I love it! :) great page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious indeed!!! Brown is another colour I find difficult, but you have made it work so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, and I like how you added the price for the different sizes. Another great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely page - congrats on working with The Studio!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo