Sunday, September 1, 2013

September Counterfeit Kit - A Suitcase Heart

Well hello there September! I know that, for many of you, turning the calendar from August to September is hard. It means saying goodbye to the lazy carefree days of summer and getting back into a more scheduled routine. I must confess, though, that I love September. Autumn is my favorite season and even though the fall equinox doesn't officially begin until Sept. 22nd, it already feels like fall to me!

This month, the Counterfeit Kit Club is using the July kits by Citrus Twist as inspiration.
Here is their main kit, Sail Away, which is actually still in stock  ...


The first thing that jumped out at me were the red Thickers as I have identical ones my stash. I also have a sheet of the October Afternoon paper with the arrows (on the left) so I used those two items as a springboard for the rest of my counterfeit kit.

My kit, which I'm calling A Suitcase Heart, has reds and blues with some woodgrain, arrows and wash tape.








Here is a video I made of my kit ... I apologize in advance for the sections that are blurry/not in focus. I'm still learning this whole film making thing!



It definitely has a travel feel to it but, as you'll see later this month, that doesn't mean it can *only* be used for vacation layouts! (And, ps - those jewel brads are by Karen Foster!)

If my blog was your last stop on the Counterfeit Kit reveal hop, I hope you enjoyed seeing all of our takes on the kit! If you haven't done the full hop yet, you can head over to Isbaha's blog to get started.

13 comments :

  1. A lovely kit, I adore that "dream" quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 Fall as well and we are soooo needing some routine in this house, so turning that calendar page doesn't make me unhappy at all. I love the pop of red in your kit. I snagged those Thickers at TJ Maxx for a steal a few weeks ago. That red just makes me happy. Enjoy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is my favorite time of year, too! I love your kit and so very versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet title, and I'm anticipating an enlightening inspiration from you this month on stretching my own "travel" kit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autum makes me soooo happy. Glad to find some kindred spirits here. What s there not o love about your great kit and your cute video. I really like tht bright red against the soft blue. It'll be a good month to create.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kit is great, can't wait to watch your video!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved watching your video. IT is like being in a scarpbooking store.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice one Stephanie - love the cards you've included

    ReplyDelete
  9. you've captured the colour in that kit really well....
    LOVE your goodies, and the travel theme too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving the pops of red you included! Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice vibrant looking kit, I hope you are having fun scrapping with it.
    blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your kit! Love the embellies you've chosen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo