Monday, September 2, 2013

My September Buys ... aka A 30 Second Haul

Hello crafters! I hope you all had a wonderful Labour Day weekend. My husband and I went to Portland, OR for the weekend and while I was there I stocked up on A LOT of supplies ... and I mean, A LOT! We don't have Joann's or Hobby Lobby here in Canada, so I had a blast exploring the aisles and discovering all they had to offer. I'll share more on that in just a minute! :)

As most of you probably know by now, I've started a YouTube channel. My goal is to post weekly videos, every Thursday, on a variety of scrappy topics. I've been busy planning videos to share with you all and was debating whether or not to film haul videos. Haul videos, for those of you who aren't big YouTube watchers, are videos that showcase recently purchased items. It's not quite the same as a product review since the items haven't been used yet and often haven't even removed from their packaging ... it's really just a "this is what I bought" video. They are super trendy right now, and a lot of people are including them on their channels.

I knew that I didn't want to make long, detailed videos of my purchases but I did think it would be kind of fun to show viewers which products I'm using. So I came up with an idea that I think works well ... a 30 second haul video, once a month, that quickly skims over some of my favorite recent purchases.

Video number one is now LIVE and you can view it right here ...



And, for those who are interested, here's a little more information on the products ...






 Glitz Designs "Finnley" 12x12 Paper Pad  
2 sets of Thickers by American Crafts 
Fiskars "Latte Love" clear stamps
Distress ink by Tim Holtz in "wild honey"
Mason jar wood-mounted stamp by Inkadinkado
Triangle dies by Spellbinders 

2 comments :

  1. wow cool!!! i loove those Latte love stamps and a new Glitz paper! Can't wait to see what you will do with them)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have ANY of those stores here in the UK but I did stock up on my recent visit to the US ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo