Monday, September 30, 2013

Catherine & Cathy Create Challenge - Use Chevrons

I don't usually post two blog posts on the same day but I created a layout for the Catherine & Cathy Create monthly challenge and the deadline to submit is in 3 hours. So, consider yourselves lucky! This will be a 2 post Monday. Actually, I have a post scheduled to go live at 9pm tonight so this will be a 3 post Monday! A full day of inspiration :)

I discovered the CCC blog by accident, and I really liked the challenges they had up. The challenge for the month of September was to create a project that featured chevrons. Here is what I came up with ...

I used patterned paper from Simple Stories that had a white & blue chevron design, and I also used a chevron stencil by Studio Calico. Instead of using mist with my stencil, I used white gesso to add some texture to the layout. I really like how it turned out!


There are now only a few hours left to play but, if you're inspired by chevrons and manage to create a project, you can submit it to the challenge here. See you all later tonight :) 

14 comments :

  1. Wow.
    Really cool. Love the stencil and gesso work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout, love those layers & texture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this is so cool I love the gesso chevrons adding the perfect amount of texture :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great texture and love what you did with the enamel dots! I also bookmarked the challenge site :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this page! The textured paint & embellies really make it stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout, love all the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on getting Top Pick on Catherine and Cathy Create! This layout is ah-mazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool page! I really like what you did with the gesso!

    Kristie
    http://mypaperlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the idea of Flashback Friday. I'll try to join in when I can. This is a lovely layout with a really eye catching photo. And cocktails always appeal. I like the texture from the gesso - I tried embossing paste recently and loved that so I might need to get some for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea Stephanie! Love this layout btw! Great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an effective LO.. great use of chevrons. So nice to look back over the older posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it. Every detail of the page works cohesively together, and I really like the texture of the gesso chevron. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea too! Supper cute layout and just love all that texture :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo