Thursday, September 12, 2013

3 Little Pumpkins & Some Woodgrain

Okay, I confess: I don't really "do" Halloween.

Growing up, I went trick-o-treating a few times but it wasn't really a holiday that my family celebrated. We were big on Thanksgiving (which us Canadians celebrate in early October) and one holiday a month was plenty. When I became a Christian in my late teens, I chose to sit out on Halloween festivities because I wasn't comfortable with the witches and devils and corpses and all that "dark" stuff that comes creeping through the woodwork each year. Now that I am married and planning a family of my own, I've been giving a lot of thought to Halloween and whether or not it's something I want my kids to partake in. I'm still undecided and find myself going back and forth.

For now, Halloween is a time to stuff my face with candy corn, carve pumpkins and make cute cards with my new Recollections pumpkin stamp set ...

I made this card for the weekly Wednesday challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp blog. The challenge this week was to make a card that featured some embossing. I pulled out my woodgrain embossing folder and it made a perfect backdrop from my pumpkins ... 


If you are inspired to do some embossing, you can upload your projects to the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog by Wednesday, September 18th for a chance to win! Good luck! :) 

3 comments :

  1. Great embossing, Stephanie! Love your punkin card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww I love pumpkins! you are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, great embossing and I love the pumpkins

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo