Saturday, August 3, 2013

Life's A Beach ... And I Must Be A Mermaid!

I couldn't wait to start playing with my Mermaid Tales kit ... so I didn't! Here's the first page I made using my kit supplies. The blues and aquas were a perfect fit with this photo I took at Long Beach in Tofino, BC ...


I don't have a silhouette machine (boo!) but I love the fancy die cut designs it can do. Awhile back when I was cleaning my office I came across an old Christmas card that had a white snowflake pattern over a sparkly minty green background. I saved it because I knew it would be perfect for a layout someday - and I was right!

The journaling is a quote by Anais Nin and it says - "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living"

I hope you're having fun putting your kits together! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with and I'm looking forward to all the inspiring posts and projects. Happy scrapping! :)

5 comments :

  1. That card was a great save - absolutely perfect on this page, and the layered seascape border at the bottom is charming! Love the stamped anchor, seashell border paper, & a perfect quote :~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love that diecut background :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout as usual! I would love to have a die cutting machine too, but your money saving option is awesome! I hope I get some fancy die cut Christmas cards this year! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quote on this page...perfect for the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice photo angle, lovely texture on your page

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo