Friday, July 5, 2013

Sketch N Scrap - July 5th Reveal

There's a new card sketch up over at Sketch N Scrap, and I'm excited to share my reveal with you today! Of all the amazing sketches the design team has been given to work with so far, this one's my favorite. It inspired me immediately. Here's the sketch ....


And here is my card ... 


There's something about banners that instantly makes me think of patriotism and flags. As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew I wanted to do a red and white card for Canada Day. I went through my stash and found scraps of red and white paper from various Christmas collections I'd purchased over the years. Every year I buy new Christmas papers and every year I never get around to scrapping my holiday photos so I've accumulated quite a pile of red and white patterns. This sketch is a perfect way to use themed papers you've been hoarding because only a little piece of each strip is visible at the end.  

To make the maple leaf, I stamped the image onto a piece of kraft cardstock and embossed it with gold embossing powder. Then I cut it out carefully and adhered it to my card with 3D foam squares.


If this sketch inspires you, you can upload your creations from now until July 31st. Head on over to Sketch N Scrap for more information. 

1 comment :

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo