Monday, July 15, 2013

My Favorite Place ...

As my blog name suggests, I am a city girl through and through - no doubt about that. Skyscrapers and streets lined with bustling coffee shops and the convenience of having the world at your fingertips ... these are a few of my favorite things! That said, I am also a beach girl. When I need a getaway to rejuvenate my spirit, the ocean always gets my vote - this is why Vancouver is such a perfect place for me, it's literally a city by the sea. I can be down at the shore in 15 minutes :)

For the third Counterfeit Kit challenge of the month, the team had to use our favorite place as inspiration for a page. Here's the page I came up with, using my Cocktails at Sunset kit and a few other embellishments I found hidden away in my stash ... 




I used the beach as my inspiration and pulled out a gorgeous Allison Kreft paper from my kit that reminded me of the boardwalk.  I also chose a photo of my hubby and I at the beach (taken on our one year wedding anniversary) and included some seashells and chipboard hearts. 

I hope you'll find time to play along with this challenge. Where is your favorite place? Are you a mountain lover or a beach bum? City urbanite or country soul? Be sure to share and link up over on the Counterfeit blog! 

7 comments :

  1. Lovely page and that beachy border under the photo is just fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so yummy colors & products - and you two are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, really like the background and colours with that photo, nice framing too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute! love the alternate colors and I'm a HUGE Allison K fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the beach as well, so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great together - lovely, lovely page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that background paper is awesome and really drives home that beachy feel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo