Monday, July 1, 2013

July Counterfeit Kit Reveal - Cocktails at Sunset

First of all, HAPPY CANADA DAY!!! I am so excited to be a new team member over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog! I've said it before & I'll say it again - I love the concept of creating a kit using items you already have in your stash and I am honoured to be part of such an inspiring team! If you haven't already checked out the Counterfeit Kit blog you definitely should! It's inspiration overload.

For July, we are counterfeiting the "Summer Fun" kit by Crop & Create: Delivered. Check out this amazing kit which is, not surprisingly, already sold out -


As you can see, the kit is full of many colorful goodies including cardstock, patterned paper, a 4x6 stamp set, label stickers, ribbon, die cuts, chipboard pieces, clothes pins, stickers and alphabets. 

Usually, when I'm counterfeiting, I choose a paper or an embellishment in the real kit that I also have in my stash and I build my counterfeit kit around that ... but with the Summer Fun kit, I was super inspired by the pairing of bright, summery colors with splashes of black and white. Here's my take ...

I didn't have very much yellow and red in my stash so for my kit, which I'm calling Cocktails at Sunset,  I paired pinks and blues with black and white. (That's the great thing about black and white accents - they work with pretty much whatever you've got on hand!) I was so excited to show off my kit that I forgot to include the alphabet stickers in the photos above. This month I'll be working with these -


I hope you'll join us this month and create your own version of the Summer Fun kit! There will be challenges and tutorials all month long so be sure to check it out here.

13 comments :

  1. welcome to the team.
    Very pretty kit with nice colours, can't wait to see you scrapping with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome welcome. So excited to see your wonderful kit. And any kit linked with cocktails is perfect - I'm a bit fixated as I have the best in-house cocktail mixer in the world!

    I love that chalkboard paper. I'll have to try to track it down. I love this trend at the moment.

    I know you will make some fantastic layouts with this o ill try to make sure I drop by as often as I can.

    Happy Canada Day. I'm also a HUGE Canada fan. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome. yes, I agree-black and white are good with anything. enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Stephanie! I know you will be a wonderful asset to your new team! I can't wait to see what you create with your lovely kit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting to be a new member isn't it? Great kit, love those wooden polaroids :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on making the DT! I love the summery feel to your kit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shhhh... this MIGHT be my favorite counterfeit kit this month! I got that b/w inspiration when I first saw the kit but somehow lost sight of it in the creative process. Congrats on the DT! We are going to have so much fun the rest of the year :~)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I really like the stitching on that tag! Congrats on making the team. Wonderful kit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks wonderful.Another newbie for the DT ,enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your kit...From one newbie to another welcome and I cant wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful kit!!! I love all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I would totally buy your kit! I have that chalkboard paper in a frame hanging in my scrap space looking forward to seeing how you use it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I usually do that too-take one piece of paper and then go from there (I haven't done a July kit yet)...love your take on it and that you kept it at a nice size!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo