Wednesday, July 31, 2013

August Counterfeit Kit Reveal - Mermaid Tales

Happy August everyone! My mom is in town visiting this week so I won't be online much but I've scheduled some blog posts to go up while she's here, beginning with today's. 

A new month means a new kit to counterfeit and this month the Counterfeit Kit Challenge team is counterfeiting the Confidence Kit by Scrapbooking From The Inside Out. The Confidence kit is filled with paper from Simple Stories and Basic Grey, journaling cards, chipboard shapes and ... wait for it, wait for it ... Dylusions spray ink by Ranger! Take a look .... 


If you go to the website you'll see that there's a slideshow with LOTS of photos of the kit ... 26 photos, to be exact. I sat down with a pen and paper, turned on the slideshow and began to jot down the elements that were jumping out at me. Here are a few things that made my list ~ cork, teal/aqua, arrows, spray ink, brown, grey, splash of red.

With that list in mind, I came up with this kit ... I'm calling it Mermaid Tales! :) 

I'm trying something new this month and I created a little video of my kit to give you a better idea of the goodies I'll be working with. It's my first time trying to edit a video so you'll notice there's a little blip where you can hear me talking over the music ... oops! :) 

You can view the video here 

I hope you'll be able to join us this month! Be sure to link up over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog 

11 comments :

  1. I can't see your video but love your kit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know Lesley! I've added a link that should take you to the video

      Delete
    2. Ah, that's better - love it, well done :)

      Delete
  2. fabulous kit, love the anchor piece I saw in the video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. **APPLAUSE**
    Very creative presentation! Loved the sound effects of the camera clicks & the video special effects. Great name for your kit, esp with those square sequin "scales" added in. Should be fun scrapping with this one :~D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kit looks wonderful! Love everything in it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The video is very creative. I am loving those Heidi Swapp letters. Great kit! Looking forward to some wonderfully inspiring layouts this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like such a fun kit! I love those Heidi Swapp alphas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, I love the kit so I guess I better go over and check out the video too! what a perfect name and a great way to identify the inspiring bits and pieces

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo