Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Frozen Treat

Hey everyone! Checking in with another layout made from my July counterfeit kit, Cocktails at Sunset.   For this layout I also used a fantastic sketch from Sketch N Scrap. I'm a card designer at SNS, so I'm not required to use any of the layout sketches, but this sketch was too good to resist! The page came together really quickly and I'm so pleased with the final result ...


I couldn't find the perfect embellishment for my page ... so I made my own! I used a sundae stamp that I bought at Michaels for $1, colored it in, cut it out and adhered it to the page with 3D foam. Making my own embellishments this way is one of my favorite techniques, and it's a great way to put my stamp collection to good use! If you haven't already tried this on a layout, I highly recommend you give it a go.


This page documents one of my all-time favorite treats - the frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity 3.  BEST. THING. EVER!! I had this for the first time years ago in New York City and when I moved to the opposite side of the continent I assumed it would be years before I had it again. Imagine my surprise when I found out there was a Serendipity 3 in Las Vegas, just blocks from the hotel we were staying at!
It was a good day folks :) 

14 comments :

  1. Mmmmm - I want one!!!
    Great page :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Way to use those stamps, this makes a perfect embellishment for your lovely page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your custom embelli turned out adorbs, and I love that dotty paper - think I will try a counterfeit with a pencil eraser! This drink sounds utterly awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fantastic job with the sketch! Love, love all the pretty colors and your stamping! Thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum that sounds like a delicious way to cool down! I love making my embellies with my stamps but I don't always remember that I have a draw full and they get bypassed!! Great layout Stephanie, WTG. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous layout Stephanie! The papers and stamping are all so summery fresh and love how you accented your special treat. YUM! So glad you loved the sketch too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there. What an awesome LO and so cute.Perfect!!! Thanks for joining us at
    Sketch-N-Scrap.
    Huggies!!!
    Rachelle-DT
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This layout is so adorable. The colors so bright and vibrant - I love it! And all the bits and pieces on here are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How perfect is that stamp!!!? Great page and now I need to check this place out next time I go through Vegas :) Thank you for your kind words on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! It's so bright and cheery, like the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh I love the fun colors you used Steph, makes me want to take a sip a frozen hot choco too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. FAB-U-LOUS!!!! LOVE THIS!!!!!! So very well done :-) Great colors and pics!!! Awesome job :-)
    Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very cute layout! Love the colors and layers!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo