Friday, May 3, 2013

May's Counterfeit Kit - Layout 1

I did it! I jumped right into my counterfeit kit and finally began using pieces of my stash that I've had for ages. I admit, it was *hard* to break open that package of Maggie Holmes gold alphabet Thickers but once they were on my page I couldn't believe I'd let them sit away in my stash for so long. They are fabulous! 

As I mentioned earlier this week, I'm trying out for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog design team, and the second part of the application is to come up with a challenge inspired by your kit. My challenge is to spruce up your wood veneer shapes


On my layout, I embossed the wooden star with white embossing powder but there are a ton of ways you can alter your wood shapes so they better match your project. Paint them, ink them, color them with markers, use clear glue or glossy accents to coat them in glitter or flocking powder ... the options are endless! Of course wood veneers also look great when they're left natural, but sometimes it's fun to get a little messy and customize our own perfect embellishments.

I'd love to see what everyone else does with their wood veneer shapes; link up below if you've got projects to share! :)

13 comments :

  1. Stephanie,
    What a beautiful LO! Those MH Alphas are beautiful!! Great idea for the wood veneer.

    Blessings ~~ dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea Stephanie! Love your layout! Good luck with the DT I know you'd be a great asset to that team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous layout. Really stunning. I pinned it straight away - hope that's ok! the combination of everything you have going on here just appeals to my core! Those alphas are going straight on my wish list. But I have to admit to being too lazy most of the time to do anyhting with my veneers! I love them as they are but apart from a bit of ink, I don't think I've ever done anything to them - embossing is a great idea

    This is the kind of layout I like to make myself - random photos, about me, mixed up. love it. Awesome!

    Good luck with your application.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow - thank you so much for considering this layout "pin-worthy" !! I'm honoured. :)

      Delete
  4. FABULOUS layout!!!! Looooove the gold alphas and the technique you've used for the stars. Best wishes on your application!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! :) Those gold alphas are amazing ... definitely one of my new favorite products!

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely layout!!! Great idea for changing up wood veneer embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Julia! Glad you like the challenge, I'll be swinging by your blog to see what you come up with :)

      Delete
  6. This is simply stunning! I am amazed at all the techniques you incorporated! Thanks for inspiring me to try some new things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the kind words. I'm glad this inspired you. I get most of my inspiration from other scrapbookers so I'm so happy to be able to inspire someone in return :)

      Delete
  7. Fabulous layout! This is a great idea for sprucing up wood veneer. Fantastic challenge idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous page ... love the dreamy quality of the white stamping on kraft.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo