Thursday, May 2, 2013

I Solemnly Swear I Shall Hoard No More!!

Why are we so addicted to hoarding our scrap stash? How come goodies that we buy because we love them sit unused in our craft rooms for weeks .... months ... dare I say years?! If you're like me, you may hoard because you don't trust yourself. Often, I'll take out a sheet of paper that I really love and that I plan to use only to put it back minutes later because I'm convinced I'll "ruin" it if I use it. Do you do this too?

It was recently brought to my attention that hoarding is silly. It's silly because scrapbooking is full of trends and what we love today will likely be out of style by the time manufacturers release their next collection. It's also silly because I scrapbook for my family and what I and the rest of the scrappy-wise world may see as "ruined" they see as a memory preserved on paper. They don't care if I've mastered the technique, so long as our memories are being documented in a fun and creative way. 

So I hereby solemnly swear that I shall hoard no more. I'm challenging myself to use up my stash. Each week, I'll pick one item that I've been hoarding for 3+ months and commit to using it. If I haven't used it by the time the week is up, I'll purge it. Anyone wanna join me?

First up ... two pieces of Dear Lizzy papers (one with the hot air balloon and one with the hearts) ...


Week 1 = Successfully completed! :)
Tomorrow I'll be posting my Counterfeit Kit challenge so be sure to swing by ...

2 comments :

  1. Ok girl, I'm in!!!! I am a horrible hoarder! I have stuff that is like 7 or more years old, waiting on the "perfect" picture(s)! I will start this weekend! I vow to use it or purge it...off to pick out my item(s) that are first up on the chopping block! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok girl, I'm in!!!! I am a horrible hoarder! I have stuff that is like 7 or more years old, waiting on the "perfect" picture(s)! I will start this weekend! I vow to use it or purge it...off to pick out my item(s) that are first up on the chopping block! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo