Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I miss Hawaii ...

I used to play along with a challenge blog called Scrappin' the Music and was *SO* disappointed when the founders shut the blog down a few years ago. Needless to say, I was extremely happy to stumble across a similar challenge blog called Scrap it with a Song. I love using song lyrics as inspiration ... in fact, if it weren't for song lyrics I doubt any of my scrapbook layouts would have titles. :)

I decided to play along with their most recent challenge and used the song "I Started A Joke" by the Bee Gees as inspiration for this page. As soon as I heard the first line of the chorus - "I looked at the sky" - I immediately thought of the beautiful Hawaiian sunsets we saw during our family trip to O'ahu. 


If music inspires you, you can play along here

5 comments :

  1. What an awesome layout! Love the paint splatters and how you used the song lyrics. Glad you found us! Thanks for playing along with Scrap it With a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found us :-) And your layout makes me miss Hawaii too! (And I was just there 2 weeks ago, lol!)
    Love how you added your title right over the photo. Gorgeous. Thanks for playing at Scrap it with a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful picture, I would love to visit Hawaii. Glad you found Scrap it with a Song and joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, very cool! What a GREAT layout!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello, I am your newest follower now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much for playing at Scrap it with a Song!
    very nice shot

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo