Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Studio Calico Sunday Sketch 04/21

I LOVE sketches! When I'm in a funk and can't get my creative groove on, sketches are almost always the first place I look for inspiration. I rarely make an exact replica of a sketch; often, I begin by following the sketch and then inspiration kicks in and I wind up making a page that looks pretty different from the design the sketch portrays. 

Do you use sketches? Have you ever looked at a sketch intended for a scrapbook layout and thought "I'm gonna use that to make a card" or, vice versa, looked at a card sketch and thought "that's perfect for a layout?" This happened to me for the first time ever today. I took a look at the Studio Calico blog and was immediately inspired by the Sunday Sketch challenge they posted. 


That sketch is meant to be used on an 8.5 x 11 layout. Instead, I used it to make this card -



Products used - Fancy Pants Designs "Trend Setter" collection, Simon Says Stamp "expressions for you" stamp, Hero Arts Shadow Ink in navy mid-tone, Studio Calico woodgrain paper, Studio Calico Mister Huey sprak inks and a random metal heart brad I found in my stash from YEARS ago. :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo