Monday, April 29, 2013

Clam Chowder - One Last "Spencer" Layout

April is quickly coming to an end and that can only mean one thing - a new Studio Calico scrapbook kit is on its way to me! I've received 5 monthly kits from Studio Calico and so far Spencer (the April 2013 kit) has been my favorite. I wasn't so sure about the orange/brown/navy color scheme but it ended up working well for me and now it's one of my favorite color combos!

I made this page using the last few bits and pieces of my Spencer kit. The first time I ever tasted clam chowder was in Seattle at Pike Place Market and ooohhhh snap it was delicious! I'm so glad my husband snapped this photo of me taking my first bite (sip?) I think it really captures my sheer delight.




One of my new favorite techniques is to incorporate my title into my journaling and to use embellishments, stamps and stickers to tell the story. For this page, I used 2 sets of alphabet fonts, a sticker and a stamp to write out my journaling. If you read it all together, in order, it says: "Seattle .. so much awesomeness ... pretty much my most favorite of all time in the history of ever ... this is where I fell in love with clam chowder ... sooooo delicious .... December 2011" I love when my journaling can act as both an embellishment to the page and a way to share the story.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo