Thursday, April 4, 2013

Bokah Inspired Card

Okay, confession: I am obsessed with bokah. "With what??" you ask. With bokah ... that whimsical blur photographers often use that gives images the appearance of bubbles or twinkling lights. (See Wikipedia for a much better explanation). I have yet to master a technique that will create a bokah effect on paper ... if you know of one, please fill me in!

This afternoon I was playing around with some stencils and pulled out a Studio Calico Mister Huey's bubble mask. I put the mask down on a white card and began coloring in a few of the bubbles with markers. When I lifted the mask I was pleasantly surprised by the effect. It kinda looks like bokah. I'm getting closer!


Products used: white Recollections cardstock card, Studio G "miss you" stamp, Touch markers, Hero Arts Shadow Ink in "soft granite". 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo