Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Runway Inspired Challenge

I recently stumbled upon a fantastic challenge blog called Runway Inspired. For each challenge, the team posts a photo of a recent fashion runway look. The challenge is then to come up with a project using that look as inspiration. You can be inspired by the colors, patterns, textures, all of the above. Whatever floats your boat!

This week the "look" was this black and hot pink outfit by Moschino ...

I was immediately inspired by the colors and the glitter on the shirt. I am a complete girly girl and LOVE hot pink papers/embellishments, but I never thought to pair it with black.  Here is the card I came up with -

This card is a little more "blingy" than the cards I usually make but gosh I love it! I can't wait to surprise one of my girlfriends with some happy mail. :)

Supplies - Bazzill black cardstock, American Crafts hot pink chipboard thickers (letter stickers), American Crafts silver glitter tape, Hero Arts "moonlight white" brilliance ink, Hero Arts stamp, studioG pink rhinestones. 

You can head on over to Runway Inspired to submit your own project. The deadline is next Friday, March 29th at 11:59pm EST. The prize is a $25 gift certificate to the Ellen Hutson online shop. I've got my eye on several of the stamps in the shop so *fingers crossed* I win! 

2 comments :

  1. I'm so glad you found our challenge! Your card is so much fun, swanky, and elegant all at the same time! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the challenge. I wish I could pull off that outfit - or have imagined that card from it. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo