Monday, March 18, 2013

"Remember This" Bookmark ...


My husband asked me to make a bookmark for him and, with him being so supportive of my paper craft hobby addiction, I was more than happy to oblige.

I used a manila tag by Ranger Inkssentials, measuring 6 1/4" x 3 1/4". These tags are sold in packs of 20 for about $5. The tags come in a neutral beige color so, to spruce things up a little, I used a Daisy Bucket wave stamp and Colorbox ink to create the lime green background. Then I used washi tape with a grey stripe pattern and a little square of Making Memories patterned paper. I printed out the message he wanted ("equip yourself with discipline and prayers") on regular cardstock and adhered that to the tag. I used Amy Tan's new stamps for the "Remember this" at the top and the "never, ever forget this" at the bottom. And, last but not least, I used my trusty Hero Arts robot stamps for that little guy on the bottom left-hand corner.

I'd never made a bookmark before and was surprised by how quickly it all came together. I'm the kind of girl who uses old receipts and post-it notes to mark my spot in a book, but a nice bookmark is way more fun. I'll definitely be making more in the future using scraps and left-overs.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo