Thursday, March 14, 2013

gender neutral cards for everyday occasions ...

Okay, let's face it - the world of paper crafting is filled with pink, purple, flowers, glitter and sparkle. Which is absolutely GREAT ... don't get me wrong, I love the girly feel of it all ... but it can make it tricky to find products suitable to make "masculine" cards for the guys in our life. Well, I think I've finally found a solution that works for me - a yellow, black and grey color combo.

The February kit I got from Studio Calico (the Front Row scrapbook kit) was full of yellows, blacks, greys and blues ... colors I don't tend to be drawn to. I'm more of a pinks and purples kinda gal. So, I put the kit to the side and worked with other supplies in my stash. Today, when I decided to make some cards that would be "guy appropriate", I remembered the kit and its unique color palette and pulled it out to take a look. Sure enough, it worked like a gem! Gender neutral cards in no time. (Edited to add: I showed these cards to my husband and told him they were "guy cards". He just laughed and shook his head. Apparently they still aren't manly enough for him. Back to the drawing board.)




That last card was made using a sketch posted over on the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog. You can view the sketch, and enter with your own card creation, here

What's your trick for creating cards that are masculine or gender neutral? Please share! xo

3 comments :

  1. Great cards, I love the colour combo you have used and those papers are fab !

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three fabulous cards, wonderful designs and colours. I love your sweet robot and a fabulous interpretation of the sketch.

    Thanks for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for letting me know about your blog I love the photo of you and I'm totally inspired to get some scrapping done ill keep checking your blog out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo