Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Currently Loving: Hero Arts Neon Ink Pads

Hero Arts recently released a new line of neon ink pads and a few weeks ago I bought two - the neon purple and the neon blue. You guys - I am *IN LOVE*. The colors are bold, vibrant and trendy & they really make your images pop. These ink pads dry quickly and permanently so you don't have to wait forever before you can continue working on your project. You also don't have to worry about the image smudging which is a huge bonus if you're a clumsy artist like me.

Here is an example of what the neon purple color looks like once it's been stamped. I used my Hero Arts houndstooth stamp and a piece of smooth white cardstock :

The neon blue color is a little more subtle than the purple. I was expecting a bold royal blue shade but it's actually quite a bit softer; more like a neon teal or turquoise. Here's a peek at what it looks like once it's been stamped :
The speech bubble stamp was a Studio Calico exclusive from the Big Screen add-on kit. I stamped the image onto a scrap of cardstock that I had used to test out a spray ink, which is why there are splatters of grey around it ... sorry about that ... but you can still get the idea. It's a fun shade.

There are four other colors available - yellow, green, orange and pink. I'm just dying to get my hands on the pink one; it's on my wish list for sure! They retail for approx. $6 to $8 per pad and are available from several online retailers including my favorite - SimonSaysStamp.com

Overall, a really great investment for anyone who is into stamping.

Happy Crafting! Stay Creative xo 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo